My name is Lauren Follman. I would like to introduce myself and family. My husband’s name is Zylar. We have two boys and a girl; Oliver, Elijah, and Emily. Together, we enjoy many activities. We go fishing, ride horse, and have frequent Disney movie nights at our home. I am a 4H leader who is passionate in teaching kids how to ride and show their horse. I also have a small photography business called More Than A Memory Photography. I graduated from Mayville State University with a degree in Elementary Education and a minor in Special Education. I was offered the 5th grade position at Leeds Public School in 2020. Currently, I am attending the University of Mary’s online school counseling masters courses. This has made it possible for me to step into the Leeds School Counseling position as well as the 5th grade teacher. I am very excited to have the opportunity to learn from and teach all the students attending Leeds Public School.
School Phone Number: (701) 466-2461
My cell phone number is available upon request. I just ask that you are considerate of my family time. You can contact me on my cell phone from 8:00AM-5:00PM.
School Pictures are Scheduled for Wednesday, August 30th. All students in Leeds Public School will take a photo for the yearbook. Copies of the photo will be sent home if you choose to order.
No School on Monday, Sept 4th.
Early Release (1:30pm) is schedule for Wednesday, Sept 6th.
SeeSaw Class link: https://app.seesaw.me/s/022-375-426
The schedule for general classroom subjects will be included when determined. Below is the schedule for specials throughout each day: (this information is yet to be determined for the 2023-24 school year)
Lunch: 11:25am – 11:50am
Tech Time: Tuesday 8:45am – 9:15am
Guidance: Tuesday 1:30pm – 2:00pm
Music: M, W, Th 2:00pm – 2:25pm
Art: Friday 10:00am – 11:00am
Physical Ed: M, W, Th, F 1:10pm – 1:35pm
Band: M, W, Th 8:20am – 9:00am
The grading scale used is the grading system on page 17 of the Leeds Public School Student/Parent Handbook 2020-2021.
95-100 A 93-94 A- 91-92 B+
87-90 B 85-86 B- 83-84 C+
79-82 C 77-78 C- 75-76 D+
71-74 D 68-70 D- 0-67 F
The students will have the opportunity to make corrections and earn 1/2 the points back on daily assignments and projects. For example, if the student had two wrong on their assignment, they can correct their mistakes and earn back one point. Their grade would go from 80% to a 90%.
Classroom Jobs: Each 5th grade student will be assigned a classroom duty each day. This will rotate every Monday to provide every student to complete each duty. The “jobs” will include:
- Line Leader – Student will lead the class when in line. They will be in charge of making sure masks are wore and voices are quiet in the hallway.
- Technology Team – Student will organize and plug in the computer cart at the end of the day.
- Board Eraser – Student will erase the whiteboard (not including the “homework” board) at the end of each day.
- Teacher’s Assistant – Student will help the teacher or substitute with any tasks they need. They will also fill in for other duties when someone is absent.
- Messenger – Student will bring messages or materials to the office if needed.
- Material Manager – Student will hand out materials while carefully listening to the direction for the assignment.
- Librarian – At the end of the day, the student will make sure the library is neatly organized and that all books are on the correct shelf.
- Germinator – Student will wipe down the tables when necessary and at the end of each day.
During our first few hours together, the 5th graders and I compile rules that we feel are important in our classroom.
- Respect: The students added to the RESPECT contract (example above). Treat others with kindness and raise your hand when contributing to class discussions.
- Responsibility: Students are held responsible for their actions. They will help others when needed.
- Honesty: We will practice honesty in this classroom.
- Trustworthy: Students will stick to their word when they ask to do something or leave the room.
Fix It Ticket: When the R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Contract is broken, students will be expected to complete a Fix It Ticket (example below). This will give the student the opportunity to think about their actions and how to fix their mistake next time.
Classroom Planner: Students are expected to write their daily assignments. I will initial each day to verify that they have written and completed their assignments in their planner. I request that you initial their planner when their homework is completed.
Snack: Students will have a daily snack time. Please accommodate to our nut free policy. This would include all peanuts and tree nuts. A milk ticket can be purchased through the School Office. Healthy snacks are recommended.